Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Sports Autobiography

State flag of Arizona
Growing up in the cactus state of Arizona, it was always the perfect time and temp for sports.  I started out as a budding soccer player in elementary school then later played volleyball as I moved into Jr. High and High School.  Though my desire to play volleyball faded my sophomore year, I grew to have a fiery passion for the Native American game Lacrosse.  My sister had played in high and in college.  Me being the younger sister wanted to do everything that my big sis was doing, so I joined the Lady Tigers at Gilbert High School and soon fell in love with the fastest growing sport on two feet.  Lacrosse wasn't as popular as soccer and volleyball were in Arizona.  I believe that is why the game really sparked my interest, it was different.  That and the fact I was a total bad a**(kidding).  Thanks to my involvement with the sport I was able to receive a scholarship to play for Tiffin University.  Now as I enter into my final semester and last season playing for the Tiffin Dragon's, I wanted to document the team and their success in this Blog.  After graduation I am still anticipating on being heavily involved with the sport.  I currently am the marketing director for Wildfire Lacrosse, a company dedicated to spreading the sport like WiLdFiRe.  After graduation I am looking to travel and possibly coach oversees then return to the sates and work in higher education.  But enough about me, lets take a gander on the specs of this years lady lax team!

No comments:

Post a Comment