Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Playing the Game (FB)

It is the last three days of my college lacrosse career.  It has creeped up on me so quickly I haven't even had time to really process the fact I just completed my last practice, last warm up, last drills, and last cheers on the beautiful green grass at Paradiso Sport Complex.  It is a bitter sweet moment in my life.  Bitter in the fact these last two games are all I have left as a DII athlete.  But sweet, because I am ready to start the next chapter of my life.  This moment in time makes me wonder if I have fulfilled my purpose to the team and if I have given it my all these past three years here as a Dragon.  Did I reach my fullest potential?  That is a question I believe no one can truly answer when evaluating themselves.  I made mistakes, like most do, I had my off days where I didn't want to "show up" and play.  Though in the end id like to say I gave it my all and these next two games I am going out with a bang.  


Though my body is physically ready to be done haha,  mentally I will always be ready to play some LAX.  This game has defined who I am as a person.  It has helped shape my life and brought me to be the young woman I am today.  Without lacrosse I wouldn't have been given the opportunity to attend a university out of state, along with meeting some of the most amazing ladies I have had the honor of playing with.  I will miss my teammates, especially my fellow graduate class of 2013.  We have been through thick and thin together and my heart aches at the idea of not being able to play along side these talented ladies again.  Though distance may separate us, we will forever remain as a team and bonded together through our trials.  I am proud to be a Lady Dragon despite our record, because in the end it always boiled down to one thing, and that was playing the game with my heart.  


So long Tiffin University & FSU!                 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment