Sunday, April 15, 2012

What I have Learned

There is no doubting the importance of having superior writing abilities in the sporting industry.  Whether it is posting Blogs, writing a press release, designing a marketing piece or simply just Tweeting, it is crucial that every aspect of ones writing is done with precision.   This is probably the most important thing I have taken from the class Sport Writing for Marketing and Promotion.  Though I will admit I am not the fondest of writing, in fact I loathe it, but being able to Blog about something that I thoroughly enjoy makes it a little easier than trying to whip out a 15 page research paper on statistics.   


One of my more favorable aspects of the class was getting to create and design my own sponsorship proposal.  Though most individual projects are usually stressful and time consuming, I actually took my time in making sure I created every aspect of the project that was needed, and even three weeks before it was due!  I learned a lot about this class through the textbooks that were used.  The materials really simplified the language and gave examples that helped me to understand the content.  


All in all, this class was rather enjoyable despite the overwhelming amounts of work needed to be done outside of the classroom, but then again that is a hybrid class for you.  I loved how everything was hands on and not as much of a lecture.  There were always discussion being held in class and the assignments really forced you to get your hands dirty in the field of Sports MKT & Writing.  LETS JUST HOPE I CAN PULL OUT A  =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment